Dec 3, 2010

how much I love my gong2


2010; it's not the best year for the Chia family...kinda started it off with my grandma having breast cancer. At first we got this false alarm of her being in the 4th stage and all. Damn, me being at Melacca during such critical times...it was, to a certain extend affecting my concentration in uni during that sem. I tried to act tough and all but once I came back during the weekend to visit her, you know...looking at someone you call as your fam going into the operation theatre (however, SAFE the operation is, as proclaimed by the doctor) you would feel so freakin sad. Especially when they were pushing her away from us, and my grandpa was like crying saying 'my wife...' and those things. It's saddening.

It's ironic how my grandma's incident was the 'opening act' for 2010 and just recently, my grandpa's head been swelling extremely bad and he had difficulty in breathing. Ya noe, when you read in news or w.e and they say the head swells up and all - your imagination could only go THAT far. But when you see the real thing, that's when reality smacks you in the face. Even a pure fat person head doesn't get THAT big, if you get what I mean.

I think it's already obvious - he had lung cancer.

I really2 got this bond with my grandpa or as I always call him, gong-gong. He'll always be the one helping me  to finish up my kindergarten homework cos, since then - I've already developed this lazy ass attitude lol. He'll be the one picking me up (I was 2 or 3 then and trust me, I'm very light hehehe) sitting in front at his old motorcycle, he'll take me for roti canai....good ol memories. I thank god that he stopped smoking even before I was 5 or so. Was very proud of my gong2, at his age (around 70+) he don't need any walking stick, or w.e...healthy, could do chores and stuff.

I guess the cancer stick is true after all...that swelling that happened this 2 months seem to be fatal. He's been in and out of the hospital for god knows how many times. All those procedures with the tube through his nose and all is torturing him.

I thought I was ok, but nah...when I saw him today...he was at the emergency room. trying so hard to breathe. Daym, I just cried like a lil whiny baby.

'Gong, you must pull through it ok?' He turned and looked at me, nodding.

I tried to not cry, so many ppl there....take it in...breathe. Then I remembered him telling me (long2 time ago) that he hope he could live long enough to see me graduate; his first grandchild. And that made me cry again. Before leaving him cos it was late already, I did the cheese-est thing in the world and said,

'Gong, you can't go yet. You have to live for 2 more years...i'm graduating in 2 more years...ok?'

...and that just made me realize how much I love my gong-gong.

No comments:

Post a Comment